The Project Manager is responsible for establishing the schedule and budget of commercial solar construction projects, and ensures that milestones and deliverables are met through the life of the project. The Manager could handle multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of development and construction – projects could be located locally and regionally.
· Coordination of installation schedules; management of staffing to ensure on time completion.
· Coordination of permitting for projects including utility interconnection application process, local planning boards, AHJ’s.
· Coordinate with development and engineering to develop preliminary design budget.
· Prepare bid packages and procure materials and services as needed.
· Create project budget based upon quotes and bids; track project costs.
· Perform regular check-ins with job superintendents to gauge project progress.
· Serve as point-of-contact for customers/clients during each project.
· Provide progress reports and other status updates to client and management as required.
· Maintaining records and databases
· Troubleshooting issues relating to installations
Knowledge and skill requirements
· 2+ years solar project management experience including projects of at least 100 kW+
· 5+ years previous experience in project management and/or construction operations
· Experience and understanding of Distributed Generation Solar projects
· NABCEP PV Installation professional certification preferred
· Solid understanding of Project Management process
· Ability to problem solve both personnel issues and project issues
· Good record keeping and organizational skills
· Ability to travel regionally, depending on project location
· Valid Driver’s License